Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Resolve, Running, Raggedy

Resolve
I have been given a strong willed child. This begs the question, how strong am I? When Elijah cries, he cries hard. When Elijah wants to be awake, he does NOT go to sleep easily. He is friendly, personable, and opinionated. We're having sleeping problems. He's too friendly and social to sleep. When I know he needs to sleep, he often cries loudly. We are on day 2 of trying to make get the sleep he needs. We're on day 2 of listening to a lot of crying. Are we strong enough?

Running
I ran the KC 1/2 marathon on Saturday with my sister Laura. It was great! I felt so good and enjoyed myself immensely. I felt my c-section muscles a bit but overall felt "back" from pregnancy lack of running-ness. The course is great, taking you through fun parts of KC. The trees are turning and the weather was perfect. Oh, and the Commerce Bank sponsored water stop gave small cups of Mike and Ike's and gummy bears! The pefect pic me up! Yeah! Thanks to Drew, Eli and Lauren for cheering us on.

Raggedy
My attempt to have an R title for the excitement of my night. I'm going to The Fray (get it?) concert. I know Ben the drummer. Really I am best friends from high school with his sister. But he e-mailed me and said we could be on the "magic list" since the concert was sold out! Wow! I'm very excited and honored. I baked them cookies. I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for The Fray. I hope they like them.

Linds

4 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Schreck said...

The "resolve" part is scarry the "running" part is crazy and the "raggedy" part is funny. Drew was trying to play it cool talking about the Fray at lunch a couple weeks ago...he's so hip!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Linds,
Listening to my baby cry literally evokes a physical response in me. My heart beats faster, I can't focus, and every inch of me wants to pick up my child and cuddle.
However, I've seen the other side of this hurdle...Rory is a great sleeper. She goes down easily no matter where we are, and just as nice, wakes up happy too. You are not alone. Just know that when you're listening to Eli cry, there's a good chance the Andersons are struggling outside of Emme's door also. (And sometimes, we rush in and pick her up to cuddle. :) It's nice to know my arms can instantly calm her. )

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Linds! I love The Fray!!! I had no idea that those songs that I've heard on the radio were them! Don't ask me how I never heard who sang them! I'm going to have to go buy the CD - just went to the website and listened to some of them. Hope you guys are having a great week so far. It was so fun at your house Sat.! Wish we could have stayed longer! Talk to you soon. :)

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Hey Lindsey! I'm glad you guys are blogging again. It was so good to see you guys on Saturday and hang out with Eli!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home