Saturday, June 23, 2007

Visits to fun places with fun people







We've had a great start to our summer! Two weeks of vacation three weeks apart. However, we're home for the rest of the summer so if you want some Osborne in your life, give us a call.

We went to Colorado to celebrate my sister Laura's graduation. Vail!

Then we headed up to Seattle to celebrate another graduation- my cousin Molly graduated from high school. What will the next excuse to travel be after everyone has graduated?


In Seattle, my aunt, a long time friend and spiritual mentor to me said she noticed that I'm having a more difficult time making the transition from being a child to being a parent with a child. This has prompted much thinking. I definately think being a mom is a really hard and selfless job...I struggle with my own selfishness from time to time. I guess when I am around my parents, I let down a bit and let myself be taken care of. However, I see the transition is and needs to happen in healthy ways. Becoming less of a child of my parents means making sure that Drew is first...our marriage and our team comes before any other opinions, insight, or allegiance. I have to put Elijah's needs before my own and take care of him. HOwever, I'm thankful for an ongoing relationship with my parents and family who, when we are together, help to take care of Drew, Elijah and me together. More thinking to come!!!!

6 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Good thoughts!!! Very good for me to ponder those things too! I think you are a wonderful mom, and you and Drew are a wonderful team and awesome parents to Eli!!!

I was glad to see your comment because then I knew that you had probably updated yours! We always have a blast with you guys - glad we can hang out more this summer!

By the way, I would be VERY interested in a "moms & dudes" trip to Colorado!!!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger laurenashleypayton@sbcglobal.net said...

I love you and your family! I love watching you be a mom and i love being your friend.

The pictures are great, by the way.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Ang said...

Thanks for the insights, hang in there you guys are doing a great job. Can't wait to see you in a few days! Any requests for anything Colorado things?...love you

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Hey Lindsey,
Did you guys go to the Royals game last night (7-6-07)? We were there and it looked like Drew on the Jumbotron! It was a great game, too bad they couldn't pull off a win! Gina

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsey:
What a really great insight and how great that you have such a caring woman to help challenge you in your growth as a mom and wife. I am totally pondering this very thing right now! Beckett and I want to hang out soon!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Zachbot3000 said...

you guys should blog some more

 

Post a Comment

<< Home