Friday, August 29, 2008

Over

I have a disease- it is called "I am so super sad when things that I've looked forward to are over"- itus.

My current prognosis includes these now-over events:
-2 weeks in Colorado
-Summer
-Swimming
-My first triathlon
-The Olympics
-Turning 28
-Lazy, hazy days of no school and limited work
-The Olympics
-Vacations
-My potted flowers

It was a great summer. I was so excited to have the summer months to adjust to having two children, to connect with family, to relax from the stress of the spring school and work semester, to read (I did indeed read 5 Jodi Picoult novels this summer- thank you Natalie andthe Mid-Continent Public library), to stay up late with Drew and take some naps in the miracle moments of both children sleeping at the same time, and much more.

Perhaps my perscription for healing and moving forward should include:
-Reflection and journaling on the greatness of what has passed in the summer of 08
-Buying the Michael Phelps DVD to extend the Olympic obsession
-Being confident that we as a family are prepared for the fall because of the great summer moments
-Being thankful- for my family, for a job that engages my passions and my gifts, a seminary that challenges and blesses me, and that there are new adventures and vacations ahead.

Anyone want to join me in the KC 1/2 Marathon on Oct 18th? :)

Hopefully these pics will illustrate a piece of the greatness of our summer and help you understand my disease :)- shoot- can't get them to upload today. I'll try again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home