Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Andi Gayle Grace


Today is Andi's 6 month birthday. (And marks the end of a 2 month period of me not blogging- busy times!)

Andi is an engaging, sitting up, smiling, excitable, grunting and growling girl with two teeth. These are 6 things I've learned with and from her in each of the last 6 months.

1- Having two kids excites me. Andi enlarged my enjoyment of being a parent. Sibling relationships are a passion of mine.

2- Sleep is overrated. I can survive and even thrive most days on an interuppted night's sleep.

3- Smiling directly at a stranger of any age can brighten their day.

4- People are the most fun things to play with. Andi loves to engage others- I am learning to take time to indulge her by offering her my undivided attention. However- I think Elijah is her favorite.

5- It is never worth sacrificing the safety of my children to get something done quickly or done at all.

6- Hugging, holding, singing, smiling, talking, and reading are great activities not only for Andi but for her mommy as well.

Thank you for teaching me Andi. I want to be an ever deliberate student of you, a steward of your spirit, and a knower of your heart.

4 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Blogger Sheryl said...

What a wonderful picture Lindsey! You are a great mommy and you have beautiful babies!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

what a beautiful little lady! Sounds like your family is doing well, miss you guys!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

When I think of Andi, I think of her cute, contented smile. Henry loves the cute headbands she wears. :) I can't believe it has been six months since the arrival of Andi Gayle Grace. By the way, I always think of and say all three of her names because I think it is such a beautful name! For a beautiful girl! Love you, Linds, and your family!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

I could hear her grunting when I read that line. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home